This Was Manitoba
Manitoba urban history by the day
May 27: Stevenson Aerodrome; Remembering the Rocket.
May 27 / 28, 1928
- The Winnipeg Flying Club officially open their airfield in the RM of St. James. It is named
Fred J. Stevenson
, a decorated war pilot and pioneer bush pilot in Manitoba. It was the forerunner to what is now the
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
For more on
Stevenson and Stevenson Aerodrome.
May 27, 2000
Maurice "The Rocket" Richard
May 27, 1882
- The Winnipeg Electric Street Railway Company is incorporated.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)