July 2: Bank of Manitoba closes; Seven Oaks House opens; MB's first judge.

July 2, 1872 - Alexander Morris is appointed the first Chief Justice of Manitoba's Court of Queen's Bench, (originally called the Manitoba Supreme Court). For more on the history of Manitoba's courts.

July 2, 1893 - The Bank of Manitoba closes its doors.

July 2, 1958 - Seven Oaks House on Rupertsland Avenue, West Kildonan opens as a museum. It was built in 1851 for John Inkster, an early settler and farmer.

No comments: