February 15, 1881 – The Canadian Pacific Railway Act receives Royal Assent. The following day the CPR is incorporated.
February 15, 1917
- The Scott Bathgate building is gutted in a $200,000 blaze that
injures four firemen. The west portion of the building at 149 Notre Dame
Avenue E. (now 149 Pioneer)
had to be rebuilt. The fire was believed to have started in the
workshop of a metal works company that was a tenant of the building.
(Fire image from Winnipeg Fire Museum.)
February 15, 1932 - The million-dollar Christie Brown biscuit factory opens at 1155 Notre Dame. "Mr
Christie" made good cookies, crackers and ice cream cones there until
1978 when Mid West Garments converted it to a clothing factory. MWG consolidated its space and 50,000 sq ft of the building will be the new Children's Service Centre.
February 15, 1913 – The Rural Municipality of Charleswood is incorporated with George Thomas Chapman as its first Reeve. The R. M. amalgamated with Winnipeg in 1971.
February 15, 1937
- Winnipeg Transit bus 111 rolls off the assembly line. The 1937 Twin Coach is the oldest bust in the manitoba Transit Heritage Association's